I'm in Diego Bitch.....
Not only is this one of my new favorite cheesy jams, I really am in San Diego. Bitch.
So f as in frank got pushed to the way side while my life took the front seat. Here I am in San Diego. After three of the best years of my life, I relocated from my amazing apartment on Alamo Square Park to a great apartment in Pacific Beach. In a matter of three weeks, I went from playing photo hunt at the Page with the like of hipsters to sitting on the back of a pick up truck (parked in our complex driveway) drinking beers, eating beef jerkey and listening to country music with no hipsters for miles. So things have changed. But one thing has remained, "love beef jerky, hate country." And don't worry, my new dive, The Westy, has photo hunt. It's not the same babes but it will do. The bar also has a game called The Dragon. But I think it should be called- TESTOSTERONE RAGE. Its a punching bag that scores you on how hard you hit it. And obviously every male in the bar has to prove themselves. This provides me great entertainment.
She does...she really does. And you may ask, who the hell is Nina. Nina is a psychic and she is for realzies. So it was Easter Sunday. I had just arrived in my neighborhood after going out to dinner and wanted to take a walk and listen to my new ipod. (My first ipod ever and yes it has changed my life) So i'm walking along Divis, listening to music, getting deep about life, when I pass a window with a lit-up palm on it. I suddenly had the urge to go in. I walk in and unexpectedly find a family having their Easter dinner. Apparently, psychics likes to eat dinner late because it was like 9pm. So I obviously apologize for intruding and try to leave but she says its fine and has me sit down. Her daughter who is no more than 8 years old comes and in and says, "i'm going to close the door mommy like you do when you have a client." I was bugging out at this point. What the hell am I doing and I feel horrible that I interrupted their Easter dinner. Disrespectful jew. So then Nina asks me what I want, "tarot, psychic or palm." I have trouble making decisions so of course I tell her to choose for me but she refuses. After some banter and trying to figure out which one is the most legit, I chose the psychic reading. Then she started staring over my head. What the hell was above me? Then she started telling me things about myself. Things that she would not have known. Then she says, I have a big transition coming up (school) I was somewhat freaking out. Then she tells me I'm moving. What I'm moving?? So then I stop her, "MOVING? You mean emotionally moving or physically moving?" "Not emotional. You are physically moving somewhere. And when you do move, you will find your inner peace." HOLY SHIT. I'm moving back to Boston. My inner peace is in Boston?? Weirdd. So for the next couple of weeks, I was moving to Boston and finding my inner peace.
At that time, I was still waiting to hear from San Diego State and San Francisco State. My intention when I began this whole application process was to stay in SF so the fact that Nina said I was moving scared me and made me not want to believe in psychics. Then I got a phone call in May. It was admissions at San Diego State saying I was accepted. That was it. I was moving to San Diego. Not hearing from SF State, I still knew that I would be heading down south. Finally, a couple days later, I found out I was not accepted into the SF State program and the decision was even easier to make. So yes, I'm leaving San Francisco moving to San Diego and Nina knows. She also said she saw a marriage in my future. Just one. I was so happy she saw a marriage and she was saying how good it is that there is just one. I'm like, lady, marriage means boyfriend beforehand which at this point, I didn't think would ever happen. So that gave me some hope. Nina, don't fail me now girl.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home