Sunday, July 01, 2007

Where is she now????

Really....I mean I can't believe it either. The last blog was oh so long ago and why now? I don't know the answer but only why not now? oh so much has happened. Well I'm back and here to tell you where I am now. And speaking of where are they now, ever here of the actress Tami Erin. Figured you wouldn't...but you know her. We all know her. And we all wanted to be her friend and clean the house with brushes on our shoes. I'm talking about Pippilotta Longstocking. Pippi was the shit and she was coming into our world. But Tami on the other hand didn't seem to make it into pop culture history but of course she has her own website http://www.tamierin.com/. Well, I guess since now we've learned about Tami's life after her famous film, i'll let you in on mine. All I can describe it as HIGHS AND LOWS. But isn't that life. That's the concept I'm trying to embrace.



So yes. I finally said fuck you corporate america. i don't need your stinking cubicles and recirculated air. Ah no thank you. I just couldn't do it anymore. Sell airtime that is. What I learned in my first job after college was how to make 20 min worth of work last 8 hours a day, check 5 different websites to see if any new pictures of britney were posted, and tune out people that sit 2 feet away from you. I love you peggy but I can't hear about your dogs and their diarrhea all day long and whether they broke out of jail today. If you only knew the people i worked for. I mean the stories are great considering i was known to work for the "crazy old people" of the business. sweet. So yea i got out. I decided to be a nanny and do some volunteer work on the side with the hopes of going back to grad school. Maybe this time in school, I'll actually know and like what I'm studying. lets hope. So I went back east for a month in the winter. It was cold. Then came back here to start my new non conventional life. Yea that transition didn't go so well. depression hit. our generation feels the need that we must be productive and have this skewed view of productivity and i felt that since i wasn't sitting in an office 8 hours a day making 20 min of work out of a whole day, i wasn't being productive. it was an awful feeling and i didn't know how to get out of it. So that was march. Painful march. I seeked out some therapy. First time. I feel like people are so ashamed to say they are in therapy. I mean everyone should check it out. Its a really interesting concept to have someone sit there and talk about yourself with you. Its like a sorority but instead of paying for friends, your paying for a voice of reason. The problem is I don't like to talk about myself that much (besides this blog of course). So i had a hard time with it. the whole concept. But it did help me figure shit out and get around the fact that I'm ok with my new lifestyle and actually enjoying it so i guess that makes it a success. So since, i've stopped going but it definitely helped me get out of my depression which i can't be thankful enough for. That shit is real and it sucks.



But it is officially summer and life is always just amazing in the summer. Everyone is just out for the good time. Which of course I'm always up for. I have had real issues with the whole living on the west coast since everyone else is back east and especially going through a hard time all you want are people that you know are there for you. But this challenge has showed me that you can enjoy wherever you are and there is no excuse. I think i need to try to embrace the lows more and look at them as lessons to make the highs better and appreciate them more. you have no idea how much i love hanging out with people my age since i spend my days with a ten year old. not that i don't thoroughly enjoy that. So this brings me back to my next topic which of course i can't ignore since its a consistent conversation in my life with friends of every age and location. Relationships and guys and girls....

so, as i said before our generation is fucked. and i stand by that more so than ever. I think mating for the homosapien is regressing at a fast pace. Guys and girls are two totally different species. And i would pay so much money to have the emotions or lack there of that the male possesses. Or what i really want is to grow up in the 1950's and go to the drive in movie theater wearing a poodle skirt have a boy buy me a soda and let him feel my boob and i would be the floozy of the town! I mean sure women were oppressed but we didn't even realize what that was. If only I had a time machine. At the age of the mid 20's, every single person is in a totally different place, trying to find someone who can remotely relate to him/her while being attracted to them, have a good time and while all that's going on, praying that they will reciprocate the feeling. But then there are the people that don't want a relationship. Understandable. We are at the age where now we need to "concentrate on work" to get ahead and make our moves to our first promotion. Or we just want to "hang out with the guys" and not have to answer to anyone. We cannot commit to anything. Since when did a relationship seem to be such a negative and nag. Well, the answer is easy. Guys are assholes and girls are crazy. So this little combo doesn't serve us very well. But here is the thing. The asshole guy is making the girl crazy. We girls are even keeled as can be when dishing out advice to our friends who are having a crazy phase. Having a prospect makes us insane. It takes over our thoughts and we become obsessive weirdos. I think this is why I avoided hooking up and relationships thus far. I can't handle having some stupid boy make me feel like shit while acting like a crazy woman. But then again, we only become "crazy" when we expect a phone call and then hear nothing. Then we go through everything that could have turned him off from something you said to the eye crusty that might have been in your eye in the morning. This is what makes us crazy. We have no answers and can't ask. I mean sure they might not "be into you" and thats how it goes but that sucks. I can't believe thats the way it is. So harsh. I'm used to friendships where people apologize for hurting each other or explain themselves when there was a miscommunication but hooking up and finding a "mate" is a whole new ball game where you put all of yourself out there without any guarantee of getting anything in return.
So here I have a revelation....
Highs and lows- need the lows to appreciate the highs and some of the highs just may be worth the lows. I've been so afraid my whole life of the lows of becoming a crazy woman that I avoid the highs because I feel like they were not legitimate and real. But even though there was no follow through, i've realized that the good time for that short time is sometimes worth the low of obsessing for a week on what went wrong and becoming a slightly unstable person. So I think this is a good outlook but it can't be for every situation. We eventually do need to be treated with respect and get answers. I'm not sure if this will ever happen but there is always hope.


To go to another subject, why is the subject of dinosaurs common knowledge when your five but then fades to an uncool knowledge as you grow up? Talking with my friend Rob who has kept up his dinosaur knowledge got me thinking. He was making excuses for still being into it. I mean its not like he's sucking his thumb and still has a blanket. (i know some of you still have your blankie, its time to part) I mean that shit is crazy and amazing. If dinosaurs are possible I mean what isn't possible??? Just a thought.


So, thats about it. I'm now 24. I totally thought my life would be different at 24 when i was 1o. But i'm very happy with the way things turned out and who i am. So i guess thats something to be content with. Of course, not everything is going my way but no major complaints. just a blog to bitch. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

3:26 PM  
Blogger kyle and cammie said...

first of all, who's this rodrigo character writing comments in gibberish (or portugese)? second, pippilotta longstocking!! fucking BRILLIANT. i LOVED her when i was a little girl. third, i didn't realize how down you have been since quitting your job. you know i'm always a phone call away. fourth, it sounds like the therapy is working. and fifth, I FUCKING LOVE YOU. FALLYN SMITH IS ONE AWESOME CHICK!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home